Hi, I’m Gary. I’m so glad you’re here!
I’m the Founder and Executive Director of InFocus. I train leaders world-wide in coaching and have been coaching clients to make more and better disciples, develop leaders and grow churches that start healthy churches since 1988. I co-authored Christian Coaching Essentials, Christian Coaching Excellence, and the Coaching 101 Handbook. I received the designation of Master Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation in 2018. My wife Gina and I live in Southern CA and have two young adult children, Joel and Zoe. Now that you know a little about me, let’s talk!
Receive a FREE Proposal
Take quick survey for a proposal.
Hidden - do not delete
A COACH WILL DRAW-OUT VS. TELL YOU WHAT TO DO
Coaches come alongside and draw out vs. mentors who go before and pour in!
MINISTRY CHALLENGES THAT BENEFIT FROM COACHING
- Cast vision and implement it across your ministry, church, or organization
- Maximize your team’s engagement that translate to real missional impact
- Cultivate a learning community to foster an empowering leadership culture
BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND
A solid start to your coaching relationship begins with a “coach agreement” to clarify expectations including your:
3 DISTINCTIVES THAT WILL FIT YOUR UNIQUE CONTEXT
- Universal principles are fundamental to my coaching process so hte solutions you come up with fit your context
- Your agenda will drive the coaching relationship and every appointment
- The complexities of your life and ministry will interfere with your best laid plans – we will adjust your plans accordinly
TOOLS THAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED
Here are some of the tools you can be coached through:
- Harrison Assessment
- Leadership Timeline
- Personal Mission Statement
- Mentor Constellation
- 360-Degree Online Christian Coach Assessment
MEASURING YOUR SUCCESS FROM A COACHING RELATIONSHIP
You will use your “coach agreement” to assess your progress in 3 areas:
- What do you want to accomplish in a coach relationship?
- How will you know when you have achieved your objective?
- What do you want the impact to be for you and your organization?
When you meet and surpass these expectations – then you win!
WHAT'S BEHIND THE INFOCUS LOGO?
“IF” is playing off the question: “What if?”
I like to offer the challenge to my clients – “What would you do if there were no limitations, to bring God glory?”
The yellow and red represent the colors of my favorite football club since I was a schoolboy – Arsenal FC. Read more here…
WHERE DO YOU NEED HELP?
What mission critical challenges are you struggling to fix?
When did you realize there is something missing in your leadership journey?
How has the ministry landscape changed and left your team confused?