Storyboards provide a visual “line of sight” through a development topic. This ministry-specific storyboard on Presentation Skills addresses the following Development Outcomes and Learning Objectives.
- Look at the background on how to prepare for any presentation in the first place.
- Identify the four stages of Prepare, Organise, Deliver and Respond of the effective presentation skills cycle.
- Develop a sequential delivery process will always work well.
- Show some of the common presentation pitfalls and problems to be avoided.
- Focus on your objectives.
- Consider you target audience.
- Designing the presentation strategy.
- ‘Structure’ the content.
- Rehearse your presentation.
- Check technology and facilities.
- Gain immediate attention.
- Deliver key messages slowly.
- Field questions confidently.
- Summarise and focus on next steps.
- Evaluate your presentation performance.