Storyboards provide a visual “line of sight” through a development topic. This ministry-specific storyboard on Goal Setting addresses the following Development Outcomes and Learning Objectives.
- Identify the four stages of goal setting (prepare, organize, act, monitor).
- Recognize the characteristics of effective and ineffective goal setting.
- Look at a number of goal setting techniques and methods.
- Learn some personal skills and behaviors that might assist in achieving your future goals.
- Chart your ultimate direction.
- Imagine a possible future.
- Invite input and ideas.
- Develop draft goals and objectives.
- Assess resources and implementing issues.
- Write final goals in SMART language.
- Develop meaningful measures.
- Go for stretching targets.
- Track performance.
- Persevere and expect to win.
- Maintain self-discipline.