Storyboards provide a visual “line of sight” through a development topic. This ministry-specific storyboard on Communication addresses the following Development Outcomes and Learning Objectives.
- Identify the four stages of Effective Communication (Understand, Create, Address and Navigate).
- Recognize the characteristics of effective and ineffective communication approaches.
- Learn some personal skills and behaviors that might assist in communicating more effectively in the future.
- Your communication style
- What is ‘good’ communication
- What is ‘bad’ communication
- Your personal values and aims
- The right conversational climate
- Empathy and warmth
- External inhibitors and barriers
- Personal inhibitors and barriers
- Verbal communication clues
- Non-verbal communication clues
- Seeking feedback and advice for the future